KinKast is a cool little iPhone app that lets you share videos privately online. How does it do this you ask? First, you’re able to shoot video from your iPhone via the app or import videos you have already taken. Then, upload them to KinKast servers, which can be done in the background. Then, choose which videos and with whom you want to share them with. The video is shared via a special link via email. No one can access the video unless they have a link.
KinKast is also a great way to back up your videos for your iPhone.
Who is this app good for?
- Anyone who likes to email videos…you know who you are. I know a few people who like to email videos. They take up a lot of room and sometimes can take a while to download.
- Anyone who is worried about sharing videos of their children on youtube or facebook.
- Anyone who wants to have a way to share videos and not necessarily open it to up everyone as well as have a way to back up their videos.
I tested this app out by taking a video with my iPhone video camera. Then, I started the KinKast app and imported into the app, it uploaded the video to the KinKast servers pretty quickly. Then, I shared the video with my own email address via KinKast.
Here’s the email I received when I sent myself the video, obviously, you would be sending it to your friends and family.
After clicking on the link, it brings you to a KinKast branded webpage where you can view the video. I was really surprised that I could click on and view the video from my iPhone! So if you share with your friends via the app, your friends will be able to watch the video on their iPhones and iPod Touches.
When you share the video with your family and friends, they will NOT have to login to view it. I think that’s very important, other sharing sites always make you create a login before you can view images or videos and then add you to their mailing list. Alright, so I took a video of my dog, Charley, sleeping and snoring and you can see his legs move a little bit. Do you want to see the video? That’s the KinKast share link. You can see for yourself how a shared video would look like when you send it to a family member or friend.
Here are some other facts about the KinKast iPhone app:
- There are no time or size limits
- If you do decide to share on facebook, you can do it from the KinKast app
- This is a free download from iTunes
- The KinKast app even has a wi-fi only option, just in case you don’t have an unlimited 3G data plan
If you want to learn more, download the app from iTunes straight from your phone and watch the demo video. It’s a quick video (that you can also watch on their website) and it makes the very easy app even easier to use.
The cost: The app is FREE to download and to use. The basic plan includes all of the features I mentioned above and allows 30-day storage for each video that you upload and share. They also offer a premium plan that is $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year (which is 2 months free). The premium plan includes all of the features mentioned as well as access to all videos at all times and unlimited storage for your videos.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I only share my honest opinions and this post was written by me.